Monday, December 8, 2008

Everything is coming together

I was thinking about things on my way into work today and realized what a great life I have. I have a loving, devoted husband, wonderful children, and a rewarding career. Life couldn’t be better.

Derrick has been working so hard to get the yard and house in order. He does everything he can to ensure that our home is a happy one. Over the weekend we tore down two out of the three horrid Box Elder trees and plan to take the final one down sometime this week. Next summer will be so nice w/o having to deal with the million little box elder bugs crawling around. Our neighbor has a running joke with Derrick that this will need to be done on a day that Derrick has the day off so that he can fix the house when the tree crashes down on it. ;-)

We have the kitchen floor tiled and one of the bathrooms done, just two more left, then we can move onto the family room. I think that the former owners are wishing that they would have put the time into updating our house instead of selling and building a new one. They like to watch what we are up to and their sons appear out of thin air anytime we're out doing something to the house or yard. They are very impressed with Derrick's skills and knowledge and I believe have learned that he knows a heck of a lot more than they do.

I'm so thankful for Derrick and the kids and feel blessed that I have such a wonderful husband. He has been so supportive and loving and is always there when I really need him.

He is the most devoted father as well, Kenadie had him wrapped around her finger the minute she was born. Yesterday she woke up with a high fever and ended up lying in my lap for the majority of the day. I called him at work and told him how concerned I was and he came home with Gatorade and pizza so that I wouldn't have to worry about cooking and to give Kenadie something else to drink other than water and juice. Then he cuddled up on the couch with her and took care of her for the remainder of the night. I'm sure we both are going to end up sick, but that's part of being a parent.

0 comments: