Bring on the treats, praise and our perpetual excitement; Kenadie has discovered the "Potty!"
About a week ago as Derrick was getting Kenadie ready for her "tubby" or as I refer to it, bath. She announced to him that she needed to go "potty" and proceeded to climb onto the toilet. I don't think that I've heard Derrick that excited for quite some time; unfortunately I was down stairs and didn’t get to share in the excitement. Since then every night before she gets into the bath tub she announces that she needs to go "potty" and proceeds to go through the motions.
Last night when she found out it was time for a bath, she ran upstairs as fast as her little feet would carry her. Initially I didn't think much about it and finished up the doing some things downstairs before heading up to start her bath; boy was I in for a surprise! When finally got around to going upstairs, I found her sitting on the toilet; she had taken off her pants and diaper, lifted the lid up and climbed on all by herself! She looked up with the biggest grin and announced "Mom, I go potty", she was so proud of herself.
I will forever have that image burned in my memory; I need to get my camera fixed or buy a new one; so that I don’t miss out on anymore “photo opportunities.”
0 comments:
Post a Comment