I can't believe how fast this year has gone and that it's already time to register the kids for school; all I can say is "WOW!"
My little girls are growing up, Mali will be in 6th grade and Kenadie will be entering the early preschool program within her daycare.
Malique will be attending the charter school that opened this year within the neighborhood and couldn't be any more excited; I think part of the excitement is getting a new school wardrobe and knowing that she'll have her very own locker. There is a dress code that students are required to follow, it's pretty reasonable though; twill/khaki pants, pleated solid or plaid skirts, and polo or anything other collared type shirt.
There is a 30 hour volunteer requirement per school year for all parents that will take a while to work out specifics as far as finding someone to take Kenadie, etc., but I figure everything will fall into place.
I'm eager to see how the curriculum compares to her previous school and am keeping my fingers crossed that we've made the right decision. She will have the option to stay within the same school until she reaches 10th grade; which I believe will be beneficial for her. The school curriculum is based upon the Core Knowledge sequence with an emphasis on History and American Heritage. Every parent that I've spoken with who has or had a child within the charter school environment has had nothing but praise; which is encouraging, but only time will tell if it will be a good fit for Mali or not.
Her first day of school is the 19th, so look for additional posts within the weeks to come.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Is it that time again?
Posted by Lori at 7:02 PM
1 comments:
Hey Lori!!! Derrick was telling me Mali was going to charter school. I really haven't known anyone who has gotten their kids in there. Know a few who have tried but not been accepted. It is supposed to be a better learning environment and the smaller schools sound good to me. If you need help with Kenadie while you volunteer, let me know and we can most likely work something out. I'm with you, can't belive the summer is GONE!!! I've got to set me up another blog as the one I had went out of business!!! Maybe me?? Love ya Bonnie
Post a Comment